Summer Tip: Natural Solutions For Mosquito Bite Relief
Mosquitoes don't time their meals according to when you've had time to protect yourself with bug repellent, so if you find yourself bugged by bites, look no further than your kitchen for natural relief:
• Ice: An ice cube or ice pack will temporarily soothe and numb the skin, while reducing inflammation.
• Baking soda or oatmeal: Make a paste with a tablespoon of either of these plus an equal amount of water, and place it on your bite for about ten minutes before rinsing away.
• Honey: Let the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of honey soothe your bite.
• Basil: Crush some basil leaves and apply them on your skin.
• Black tea: Place wet, cold tea bags on bites to draw out toxins, lessen pain and reduce swelling.